Assisted living facility fire caused by arson

A fire that broke out in a Northfield assisted living facility was deemed arson after a 46 year-old resident admitted to starting the fire.

Nearly 40 residents were evacuated after someone found saw a fire in an unoccupied room. While the fire was put out quickly, smoke had spread throughout the facility. One resident was taken to the the hospital for observation and other was admitted after complaining of chest pains.

Officials say the arsonist told authorities he started the fire by igniting paper over an open flame but did not give a reason why. Some of the evacuated residents were accommodated by the Northfield Hospital while repairs are being made to the facility.

If you or a loved one has been injured in a premises liability accident on someone else’s property, contact the Minnesota premises liability attorneys from Robert Wilson & Associates at (612) 334-3444.