Minnesota Workplace Injury Attorneys
The attorneys at Robert Wilson & Associates know that accidents do happen, and they often occur while you are at work. Your employer has a responsibility to keep their workers safe from harm and provide adequate safety training and equipment. However, in the event of an injury accident on the job, workers are often forced to deal with short-term or long-term disability. Thankfully, many workers in Minnesota are covered by workers’ compensation insurance through their employers.
Employers, in many cases, provide their injured employees with compensation to help them cover the cost of their injuries, losses, and recovery. Sometimes, workers can face some opposition or difficulty when attempting to obtain the fair workers’ compensation that they need at the time of their injury, even from an insured employer. Employers and insurance companies have been known to unfairly deny, delay, and reduce claims by exploiting legal loopholes or even by just ignoring the law.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a workplace accident, the Minnesota workers’ compensation lawyers fight to get you the benefits you legally deserve. Contact the offices of Robert Wilson & Associates by calling (612) 334-3444 today and rest assured, we will evaluate your case, and we will be your advocates!
We have assisted injured workers in the Minneapolis and St. Paul areas for years, and we will fight to protect your rights. Our philosophy is to treat every client as if they were a family member. We have the experience, track record, and client satisfaction to be able to deal with difficult employers so that you can get the compensation that you deserve. We work diligently so that neither you or your family suffers negative long-term financial consequences.
Why Do I Need a Workplace Accident Attorney?
A workplace injury can have a lasting impact on your life and your ability to work to support yourself and your loved ones. After being hurt at work, it is natural to have questions. How do I pay my medical bills? How long will I be out of work? Do I need an attorney? As an injured worker in Minnesota, you may be owed compensation that can cover some of the costs that you have been forced to pay out of pocket for following an accident on the job. This often means medical bills, physical therapy, lost wages, and short or long-term care. Although, it is unlikely that you can get the fair compensation that you deserve without a lawyer to represent you.
As far too many workers discover every year, getting compensation for a job-related injury can be much more difficult than it should be. Workers with legitimate injuries see their claims unfairly denied, delayed, or severely reduced. Obtaining the services of a skilled attorney can help you safeguard your rights by properly filing required paperwork on time. An attorney can also help you file an appeal if an unjust decision is made on your claim.
Why Choose Us?
Robert Wilson & Associates has grown into one of Minnesota’s largest workers’ compensation law firms. Our experienced team of lawyers, paralegals, and law clerks work hard to provide legal guidance for all clients. Through this hard work and loyalty to every client that walks through our doors, we have developed an exceptionally high level of teamwork. It is rare that a case is resolved without utilizing the talents, strengths, and experience of the other lawyers at the firm.
At Robert Wilson & Associates, we have the know-how and the experience necessary to handle even the toughest workplace injury cases, and we have a substantial record of legal victories to back us up. Our skilled attorneys have a long history of winning compensation for workers who were initially denied their rightful benefits. We take our job very seriously because we know that workers’ compensation can mean the difference between financial stability and financial ruin for you.
Employers or insurance companies are not set up to look out for your best interests, they are in business to look out for their own. We are on your side, and we will work tirelessly to get you the results that you deserve! With Robert Wilson & Associates on your side, you know that you have an experienced legal team that is looking out for the best interests of you and your family. Contact us at (612) 334-3444 to speak with a member of our team today. Your well-being is our top priority.
Workplace Injury Cases We Handle
At Robert Wilson & Associates, our Minnesota workers comp lawyers are prepared to handle a wide range of workplace injury cases involving:
- Construction Accidents – We are ready to help you if you have suffered an injury on a construction site. Contact us to find out how we can help you.
- Head / Brain Injuries – Head and brain injuries often have serious, lasting consequences, so they should never be taken lightly. We have extensive experience helping individuals who have suffered a head or brain injury, so find out how we can help you today.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries – Repetitive motion injuries, often seem minor at first, but can eventually grow to be quite severe and debilitating. Don’t hesitate to contact a member of our team to discuss your case.
- Manufacturing Accidents – Manufacturing accidents can have grave consequences for the worker or workers involved. If your injury was caused by faulty machinery or another cause, we will work to make sure you get the fair and just compensation you are owed.
- Transportation Accidents – If you are hurt in an accident while on the job, whether you were driving or if you were a passenger, you may be owed compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses.
- Employer Negligence – If your employer behaved negligently and you were injured. As a result, you may be able to take legal action to hold them accountable for your injuries.
- Office Injuries – Office spaces often have hazards that can cause serious injury to the employees in the workspace. No matter where you work, there are protections in place to help you if you are hurt on the job.
- Spine Injuries – Injuries to the spine are often very serious in nature, and may result in partial or total paralysis in some cases. Do not hesitate to contact a lawyer if you have suffered a severe injury to your back, neck, or spine.
- Exposure to Toxic Substances – Employers have a responsibility to protect their employees from harm due to toxic substance exposure. If you have suffered illness or other adverse effects from exposure to toxic substances, do not hesitate to call us.
All employers, especially those in the construction and transportation industries, should be prepared to support the rights of workers injured on the job by providing adequate workers’ compensation coverage. In the event of an accident, the worker’s compensation insurance policy is responsible for covering medical bills and other losses fairly. Often, injured workers and their families may face an uphill battle when trying to secure their claims and get assistance.
Don’t wait—complete our online form or call our offices today at (612) 334-3444 and let us work to help you secure the compensation you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you were injured on the job or got sick due to workplace conditions, you probably have a lot of questions. We have put together this list of FAQs that we often hear from our clients so that you can learn more about your legal rights and options. If you have specific concerns relating your unique case, feel free to give us a call at (612) 334-3444 to get answers from a dedicated legal professional.
Can I receive wages while I am recovering from my injury?
If you are one of the many Minnesota employees covered by your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance, then you can continue to receive an income while you handle your injury. After a three-day waiting period, you can start to receive monetary compensation for your lost wages. Individuals who need more than ten days off work to recover from their injury will ultimately be paid wage-loss benefits starting from the day they were forced to miss work.
Can workers’ compensation cover any bills after being injured?
Workers’ compensation coverage often includes:
- Payment for medical bills, hospital expenses, and therapy
- Lost wages from time off of work from the injury, recovery, and rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation services (vocational)
- Benefits for permanent disability
- Benefits for family members in the event of a workplace death
- Travel costs for medical attention and rehabilitation
How do I know if my type of injury on the job qualifies for workers’ compensation?
Whatever the nature of the injury or illness, if it happened on the job, it will most likely be covered by workers’ compensation. It’s important to remember that your employer does not need to be at fault for creating unsafe conditions or allowing dangerous behavior. You could receive benefits even if the accident occurred without any discernible cause. However, employers and insurance companies have been known to deny legitimate claims unjustly.
Minnesota Workplace Accident Statistics
Workers in Minnesota are injured in accidents every day, and while some of these accidents were due to employer negligence or failure to properly train workers, some accidents may not have a discernable cause. This does not mean that the employees are not eligible for workers’ compensation benefits, however. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2015:
- There were more than 65,000 workplace injuries and illnesses in the state of Minnesota reported in 2015 alone
- Per 100 workers, there were 3.5 injury cases reported
- The workplace injury rate in Minnesota was reportedly much higher than the average nationally
- When it comes to fatal workplace injuries, Minnesota had 74 reported of the total of 4836 across the nation
Naturally, the majority of these reported injuries were from specific industries that are known to be more hazardous than others, like construction, manufacturing, and transportation. Regardless of what your job may be, if you are hurt at work, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.
Contact Robert Wilson & Associates Today
Securing the workers’ compensation benefits that you are rightfully owed following a workplace accident might seem like a complicated process, but fortunately, you do not have to handle it by yourself. In many injury cases, while your bills go up, your income goes down. However, there is a safety net in place for a great number of Minnesota workers. At Robert Wilson & Associates, we’ve been helping workplace accident victims just like you, and we can get you the fair compensation that you deserve.
Complete our email form, text us after hours or call us today at (612) 334-3444, and learn more about what our Minnesota workers’ compensation attorneys can do to help you through this challenging time. We look out for your best interests, and we get real results!