Minnesota Highway Defect Accidents Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by a highway defect in Minnesota, contact the personal injury attorneys of Robert Wilson & Associates at (612) 334-3444 today. As citizens and taxpayers, we expect our roadways to be regularly maintained so that they are safe to travel. You shouldn’t have to wonder whether a highway is safe to drive when you get in your car each day. However, highway defects can cause accidents, leading to injury or death.
Highway defects are typically the responsibility of local, state, or federal government bodies. For any accident victim, holding the responsible party accountable for their actions is an intimidating task. But, in the case of an accident caused by a highway defect, holding the at-fault party accountable is even more daunting. Government bodies are notoriously challenging to work with; yet, they should be held accountable for their actions just like an individual should be. The most effective way to hold the government accountable for its negligence is to hire an experienced personal injury attorney to handle your case. The team at Robert Wilson & Associates has the knowledge and resources to litigate your case and get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at (612) 334-3444 to learn more about how we can help you get the financial compensation you deserve.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
To successfully litigate a highway defect case, you need an experienced and dedicated lawyer. Local, state, and federal governments have extensive resources and legal teams that will aggressively fight the case against them. Furthermore, the process of proving a highway defect (and by extension a government body) was at fault for your injuries is lengthy and intensive. The data necessary to establish the highway defect as the cause of the accident is extensive. Eyewitness accounts, photographic documentation, and police and investigative reports will all need to be collected to develop a strong case against the responsible party. This task is nearly impossible for someone who is not an attorney, let alone someone who is recovering from a serious injury. You need a personal injury lawyer to collect, consult, and consolidate the evidence against those responsible.
Why Choose Robert Wilson & Associates to Handle My Case?
At Robert Wilson & Associates, we have the knowledge, experience, and determination to get you the fair and generous compensation you deserve. Our decades of experience have provided an arsenal of legal knowledge and strategy for highway defect cases. We believe that no matter how big, no matter how rich, and no matter how intimidating the at-fault party may be, they should be held accountable for their actions. We want to help you do that. We will work hard to gather evidence and assemble a strategic, strong case in your favor. We are ready to help you recover by getting you the compensation you deserve for the injury you suffered.
Cases We Handle
Most of the time, the streets and highways we travel are safe and well-maintained. But, sometimes, when a government body does not do its job, roads fall into disrepair. Highway defects are a serious issue that can cause life-threatening injuries. The following are some of the possible defects present on highways that can cause serious accidents and injuries:
- Construction Defects – Some highway defects occur as a result of weathering and lack of repair, while others are a result of faulty initial construction. If the highway was not made correctly, and there were errors in construction, it may have defects that could threaten the safety of drivers.
- Lack of Guardrails – While highways enable drivers to get to their destination faster, vehicles often move at dangerously high rates of speed, which makes it more likely for motorists to drive off the road and suffer serious injuries. Guardrails are necessary to prevent motorists from veering off the highway.
- Lack of Signs – Signage is key to safe driving. If signs are absent or insufficient, drivers may not be aware of certain road hazards. For example, if a “Bridge Ices Before Road” sign is missing, drivers may not take the proper precautions and drive slower over bridges in winter months. Without proper signage, accidents are more likely to happen.
- Uneven Pavement – While drivers are typically comfortable with some variances in the road, most don’t expect to be driving on an uneven surface on the highway. When a highway is not paved correctly and is uneven, drivers are more likely to lose control of their vehicle and get into an accident.
- Water Pooling – If a highway is not designed correctly, and there are depressions in the pavement, water can pool in the low spots on the road. Accumulated water can cause cars to hydroplane, leading to dangerous skidding and accidents.
- Shoulder Drop-Offs – If a shoulder has a steep decline or drop-off, cars that drive off the road will likely lose control and get into an accident.
- Potholes – Potholes are often the first thing drivers think of when they imagine a poorly maintained road. On local roads, potholes don’t typically cause major accidents. However, on highways, potholes can lead to devastating accidents as drivers are unprepared for the sudden jolt their car receives at high speed, which can cause them to lose control of their vehicle.
- Placement of Utility Poles – When utility poles are not placed an appropriate distance from the highway, they pose a great risk to drivers. Motorists could crash into utility poles and become seriously injured as a result.
Highway defects are hidden dangers for drivers that often result in severe injuries. Through a personal injury claim, Robert Wilson & Associates can help you recover financial compensation from the government agency responsible for designing and maintaining the road. You may be able to recover compensation for your medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, rehabilitative costs, disfigurement, disability, and pain and suffering.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident caused by a highway defect, contact the auto accident lawyers of Robert Wilson & Associates at (612) 334-3444 today. Don’t wait any longer to get the compensation you deserve and hold those responsible accountable for their negligence.